Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Watering: An Observation

I am just now getting to the point where I am feeling more confident about watering our garden.  I use to slink in to the community garden and hope that no one was there to witness how little I truly knew about gardening.  I did know that I was suppose to water during the morning or in the evening and to water the roots and not just the green leafy parts.  I was never sure how long to water and I didn't want someone to think that I was drenching my plants or dehydrating them.  I would just turn the hose on the plants to get them a small drink and that was it.

Then, I started watching experienced gardeners water and I was amazed at how much water they would put on their plants.  I'm now more sure of watering my garden and I think my plants are thankful to have more water than they use to. 

Any watering rules that you have heard or practice with your own garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment