Monday, June 18, 2012

Menu Monday: Kale, Red Onion, Pistachio Pizza

If you are growing kale in your garden, I promise you, you will want to try this recipe.  Although, this combination is not one I would have put together myself, I'm so glad I made this for dinner last week.  I found this recipe on yet another wonderful food blog.  This pizza was easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand.



Kale, Red Onion & Pistachio Pizza
This recipe is from this blog

Pizza Dough (I used this recipe)
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
A couple handfuls shredded cheeses (I used mozzarella, colby jack and cheddar)
8 leaves of kale
1/2 red onion
Handful of pistachio nuts
salt
olive oil

Prepare pizza dough according to instructions.  Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees and place pizza stone in oven while pre-heating.

Mince garlic. Chop red onion.  Wash kale leaves and remove stems from leaves.  Roughly chop the leaves.  In a small skillet, put in a some olive oil and the kale leaves.  Cook over med-heat until kale leaves are wilted.  Crush pistachio nuts with a rolling pin.

When oven is ready and pizza stone has been heated for a half an hour, place dough on pizza stone and quickly assemble pizza.

Spread crushed tomatoes over dough and add minced garlic on top of that.  Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and top with kale, red onion and pistachio nuts.

Bake until until crust is a golden brown.  About 8-12 minutes.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment