Monday, March 26, 2012

Menu Monday

I'm very excited to introduce you to my first weekly reoccurring blog post... Menu Mondays.  During harvest time I will be sharing a recipe with you using food from our garden.  I hope that these blog posts become a creative way to help everyone (myself included) with cooking in season.

Since getting married I have fallen in love with baking and cooking.  At first, I loved to do it because my husband, Jeff loved to eat.  Then, I started becoming interested in making and eating healthy food.  Food that isn't over-processed or full of preservatives.  I also became alarmingly aware that I was the one responsible for stocking our cabinets and filling our stomachs.  If I brought junk food home from the grocery store, then that is what we would eat.  Once that thought was in my head, I put forth more effort to buy better food and make more of our food.  It was difficult to make food from scratch because it was time consuming and foreign to me, but over the last three years it's gotten easier, as I've begun to learn the art form of making food.

I've started gathering some recipes that I can't wait to share with you as local vegetables become in season.  I also have some made from scratch breads, pastas and snacks that I hope you will love too.  Looking forward to sharing a great book review with you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment